Sunday, May 27, 2007

Why I am a Christian

Bertrand Russell wrote a book "Why I am not a Christian". I will now say, why I am a Christian.





(Note: Entering Philosophy class)

1. Cosmological Argument/ Argument from First Cause


Everything on this earth are finite. You can only write numbers as many as your days are numbered. You can only drink till you are drunk. You can only be as good as human can get. The reason for these finity is the infinite Creator. Nothing can exist out of nothing. There must be something.



Aristotle refers the Infinite as Prime Mover
Plato refers the Infinite as demiurge
Thomas Aquinas refers the Infinite as God





Simplification:


Thomas edison was playing with his toy globe which can move by itself. He invited his friend, an athesis, to come and view this beauty. His friend asked Edison if he bought it somewhere or he made it. Edison answered that it exist just like that. His friend looks at him and smirks saying that the creation cannot exist without an creator, someone did it. Edison replied, "then why will the earth goes without a creator?"





Bertrand Russell once asked who created God. And I say, God is the uncaused cause (term by Aquinas), nobody created God because He is the Infinite.





Furthermore, how can human (finite) understand God (infinite) when human cannot even understand so many other finite (none of us know everything).
Assuming there is a God's god, why will I even care about him? Because I know this God had loved me and revealed Himself to me whereas no other supreme being has. If someday you may be acquainted to God's god, he may just kill you.






I'll just stick with my cosmological and no smart alec.

No comments: